100 Ideas that Changed Art
- Veröffentlicht: Aug 05 2019
- Seiten: 216
- 214 x 168mm
- ISBN: 9781786273888
• Provides a compelling look at the ideas that have changed art through the millennia
• Compiled as a mix of beautiful images and information text, this book covers the history of art in an innovative way
• Illustrated with historical masterpieces and packed with fascinating contemporary examples
• Concise edition from the bestselling 100 Ideas series
• The perfect gift for art and history lovers alike
From the earliest cave paintings through to the internet and street art, this inspiring book chronicles the 100 most influential ideas that have shaped the world of art. Arranged in broadly chronological order, it provides a unique and compelling take on the history of art.
100 Ideas that Changed Art shows how developments in materials and technology have radically changed the way that art is produced. Each entry explores when an idea first evolved and how it has resurfaced in the work of different artists up to the present day.
Explore more books in the 100 Ideas series:
- 100 Ideas that Changed Architecture
- 100 Ideas that Changed Design
- 100 Ideas that Changed Fashion
- 100 Ideas that Changed Film
- 100 Ideas that Changed Graphic Design
- 100 Ideas that Changed Photography
Michael Bird is a writer and art historian. His books include The St Ives Artists, Studio Voices and an acclaimed history of art for children, Vincent’s Starry Night and Other Stories. He is Royal Literary Fund Fellow at the University of Exeter.