You are negotiating every day, whether it’s with business partners, colleagues, in the
community or at home. The challenge isn’t to get as much for yourself as you can at the other’s expense. It’s in the art of searching together for possibilities that serve as many
interests as possible. The premise of this book is that it’s both possible and necessary
to create value together, distribute the consequences fairly, while strengthening the relationship. In times where ‘win as much as you can’ is on the rise worldwide, this is a refreshing alternative.
‚Mastering the Art of Negotiation‘ goes beyond deal-making situations. It covers decisionmaking, solving problems together, leading and cooperating, creating partnerships, handling difficult situations, and managing the games people play. The book gives seven practical guides that help you prepare and manage negotiations at moments when the complexity and uncertainty increase. These guides create a comprehensive framework for your ongoing learning and development as a negotiator.
In practice, this helps you to:
• increase your awareness during your day to-day negotiation challenges
• prepare for both simple and more complex negotiation situations and processes
• handle increasing complexity in negotiations more consciously and with more resilience
• set up constructive dialogues
• gain insights into your personal pitfalls when under pressure
• develop both a mindset and skills set
Using this book and the toolkit will let you embrace complexity and uncertainty with a clear head, a warm heart and on nimble feet.