100 Ideas that Changed Film
- Veröffentlicht: Aug 05 2019
- 214 x 168mm
- ISBN: 9781786274861
100 Ideas that Changed Film chronicles the most influential ideas that have shaped film since its inception. Entertaining and intelligent, it provides a concise history as well as being a fascinating resource to dip into.
• Provides a compelling look at the innovative concepts that have changed film, including concepts, technologies, techniques and movements
• Compiled as a mix of beautiful images and information text, this book covers the history of film in an innovative way
• Visually led book, packed with beautiful images, introducing film history in a deservedly visual way
• Concise edition from the bestselling 100 Ideas series
• The perfect gift for film lovers and general readers alike
From the silent era's masterpieces to today's blockbusters and art house movies, these highly illustrated pages are a chance to discover or rediscover films from all around the world.
Explore more books in the 100 Ideas series:
- 100 Ideas that Changed Architecture
- 100 Ideas that Changed Art
- 100 Ideas that Changed Design
- 100 Ideas that Changed Fashion
- 100 Ideas that Changed Graphic Design
- 100 Ideas that Changed Photography
David Parkinson is a film critic for the Radio Times and the Oxford Times, and a contributing editor on Empire. In addition to writing regularly for the BFI website and several other online outlets, he is also the author of several books including A History of Film, The Young Oxford Book of Cinema, The Rough Guide to Film Musicals and Oxford At the Movies.